About Us

Chris and Dennis are traveling around the country seeing the sights and occasionally volunteering at select locations. We avoid the interstate as much as we can and tend to stop for squirrels and shiny objects.

Friday, August 4, 2017

Boo Boo's Happen – Hanging out in the Pacific Northwest

threeforksLiving in a motorhome and traveling around may sound like life is all cherries and bon bons but I'll have you know, more often than not, its just “real life” - with all the bumps, bruises, hiccups and hundreds of assorted unplanned events. Yep, life happens.
If I mention them at all, I usually just gloss over these “happenings” as they tend to be uninteresting. Okay, to be truthful they are in all likelihood the direct result my own inherent stupidity which, if I remarked on each one, would take up volumes.
booboo1booboo3Case in point. In the last entry I mentioned returning to Wenatchee for some final punch-list items. What I did not mention was the argument I had with a small, hidden tree stump that snagged the front corner of our home. Obviously the tree stump won resulting in some cosmetic fiberglass damage. Fortunately, Larry at Interstate Autobody and Truck in Cashmere Washington once again came to our rescue (yes indeed, this was not our first visit to his shop). His superb workmanship and ultra-fast service is second to none.


I don't believe I mentioned killing my cell phone while we were at Alta Lake and I'm going to gloss over it still. I'm sure everyone knows that dangling your phone by the charge cord really isn't good for the phone or the cord. All I can say is thank heaven for extended warranties.
Are there more examples? You bet there are! We have these really cushy floor mats in the kitchen. They make doing chores like standing and washing dishes more comfortable. They also act as outstanding dart boards for dropped knives. Which reminds me of just how thankful I am for shoes.
Time to change subjects.
IMG_20170726_094812276_HDR[1]
Of all places, the most deer seen were in my sister's back yard.
IMG_20170726_183634103_HDR[1]We've traveled a little over 2000 miles since the last entry. 
We've crossed the continental divide twice, going from sea level up to 7200ft.
 No matter what  form it has come in, we remain in awe of the majesty and beauty of our country.

IMG_20170726_183512483_HDR[1]
The 9/11 memorial in Cashmere, WA.  Stunning!
custer2
Little Bighorn Battlefield
custer3custer1
fishing

This last picture pretty much sums up my luck this past month. Fortunately, it IS called fishing for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment