About Us

Chris and Dennis are traveling around the country seeing the sights and occasionally volunteering at select locations. We avoid the interstate as much as we can and tend to stop for squirrels and shiny objects.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Down Time

One thing that has occurred to me is what do I do when there's not much I want to do. I have a book to read but don't really feel like reading. There's a neat hike to some scenic falls close by but I would rather not deal with the crazy drivers on the weekend, nor the crowds at the falls. I could also walk around the park but lets face it, its a short duration attraction at best. 

I decided to dig into the toy bag and grabbed my little quad-copter. There's a breeze coming off the river so flying is a bit bumpy and tricky but there is still a challenge and fun to be had just so long as I don't test it as a submarine. The X5C that I bought was cheap, has a camera and is so simple to fly even I can manage without killing someone - despite what my wife says are purposeful attempts.

I've got a lot more to learn to become proficient but I can see some instant advantages such as finding a camping spot without having to walk it or even better, letting the kids try their hand at it for just taking my trash down to the dumpster. What do they say about age and treachery versus youth? Yea, I'm bad.

To make the videos a bit more palatable I purchased one of the easiest video editors out there called VideoPad. Video Editor and so not only am I learning to not-crash, I'm learning how to hide my mistakes on the cutting room floor. So far, I'm not doing either well but hey, its all good enough.


Video shot over the last 2 days, music is the Benjy Davis Project, 214.

No comments:

Post a Comment